FORMULATED TO IMPROVE SKIN TONE AND TEXTURE FOR SMOOTHER, CLEARER, MORE REJUVENATED SKIN
Chemical Peels manufactured by SkinMedica, is for skin rejuvenation containing all-natural ingredients to clear and renew your skin safely, without burning or side effects. Chemical peel can be used on all skin types, and it enhances your skin’s tone, clarity and texture. It reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, evens out skin pigmentation and smoothes skin with acne scars or sun damage. Our licensed practitioner will apply the SkinMedica Peel solution in our office (no pre-conditioning is required), and the peel remains on your face for seven days. On the third day, your skin begins to peel and continues for a day or two. By the sixth or seventh day, you’ll see dramatic results in your skin’s appearance. The SkinMedica Chemical Peel is effective and painless that will exfoliate and nourish the skin, all while containing vitamins and minerals.
CHEMICAL PEEL FAQS:
What does the Chemical peel contain?
The chemical peel for rejuvenation contains the following:
1. Retinoic A (vitamin A) fights wrinkles and fine lines on the face. Retin-A is considered to be
the best topical cream for aging skin and works by increasing skin cell turnover, stimulating collagen and increasing blood flow to your skin. This also promotes elastin production to thicken the skin, making the thin facial skin experienced by many older women fuller and firmer. The use of Retin-A results in smoother, glowing, hydrated skin, and more even pigmentation with fewer wrinkles.
2. Salicylic Acid an exfoliant and beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), is used in many chemical peels. It contains the same components as aspirin, and neutralizes bacteria. It breaks up cells and loosens keratin, letting thick plaques of skin shed easily.
3. TCA(Trichloroacetic Acid) boosts collagen growth and penetrates deeply into the skin to heal scars.
4. Vitamin C does more than prevent colds. It contains ascorbic acid, an antioxidant that nourishes skin cells and aids in mild exfoliation.
5. Phenol is used to treat serious wrinkles, acne scars or blotchiness. It cleanses the skin by destroying microorganism growth and removing dead skin cells below the skin’s surface.
Does the chemical peel hurt and what can | expect after?
The chemical peel does not hurt, however if you experience any discomfort during the application we do offer the use of Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) to alleviate any discomfort that the patient is experiencing. You may notice some mild skin redness after your peel. Over the next week, the outer layers of your skin will begin to flake and peel off naturally. After one week, you should see fresh, bright, smooth skin revealed.